The Triban RC 100 flat bar was the bike on which I restarted cycling as a middle-aged adult, and what got me into cycling seriously. I purchased this from Decathlon in March 2019 and eventually sold it in November 2021 after getting my first road bike.
The bike feels sturdy while riding, even on rough terrain. The flat handlebar gives a comfortable and upright riding position, which is great for commuting or leisurely rides.
One of the things I loved most about the Triban RC 100 is its versatility. The hybrid tires allow me to switch between road and off-road biking with ease, and the adjustable seat and handlebars make it comfortable for riders of all sizes. The 7-speed Shimano drivetrain gives enough gears to choose from for tackling mild inclines, or cruising on flat terrain.
The Triban RC 100 hybrid bike is a great starter bike for someone in need of a reliable and comfortable mode of transportation. It’s a great bike for both casual riders and serious cycling enthusiasts.
- Frame: Comfort-oriented frame geometry with a higher steering socket and a shorter top tube that offers a more upright position than a classic road frame. 6061 T6 aluminium sloping frame with semi-integrated headset. Frame weight, size M: 1830g
- Fork: Straight steel fork for greater comfort and precision. Aheadset 1″1/8 steerer tube makes the steering assembly strong and rigid
- Handlebar: Aluminium B’Twin Sport handlebar – Handlebar width (axle-axle): 420mm B’Twin Sport aluminium stem Length: XS: 90mm S: 90mm M: 90mm L: 110mm XL: 110mm
- Drivetrain: Speed changes using 7-speed thumb shifter on the handlebar. ergonomic and very comfortable: change speeds without letting go of the top part of the handlebar. this ergonomically-shaped lever fits the palm of your hand perfectly.
- Brakes: Tektro RL 340 brake levers with a good grip and excellent rigidity Cartridge brakes
- Wheels: B’Twin 700 double-walled sport wheels. Quick-release mounting (9mm) to facilitate transport and handling. 700 X 32 tyres. The tread has small studs for increased performance. The sides of the tyres have larger studs for better grip in bends on consolidated or loose ground and on gravel.
- Saddle / seat post: B’Twin Sport 100 Black saddle B’Twin Sport aluminium seat post. Diameter: 27.2mm for added comfort thanks to its flexibility Length: 250 mm for XS / S 350 mm for M / L / XL
- Weight: 11.3 kg in size M, without pedals