I really struggled to find a helmet that fit me well, that I liked, and that was reasonably priced.
It wasn’t until I found the Kask Mojito when I really found a helmet that worked for me. I paid SGD220 for this helmet which is a top-of-the-line option for serious riders. It is well-ventilated, lightweight, and comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
The ratcheting dial on the back allows for a customizable fit, and the straps are easy to adjust. The helmet also features a removable and washable inner padding, which is a nice touch.
Overall, the Kask Mojito is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality and well-designed helmet.
What to look for when purchasing a biking helmet:
The following are several key features to look for when choosing a biking helmet:
- Safety Standards: Make sure the helmet meets the appropriate safety standard for your region and type of riding, such as CPSC, ASTM, or Snell.
- Fit: A properly fitting helmet should be snug but not too tight, and should not move or shift on your head when you move it around. Look for a helmet with an adjustable retention system or a dial-adjust fit.
- Ventilation: Adequate ventilation is important for keeping your head cool and comfortable during long rides. Look for helmets with multiple vents and channels for maximum airflow.
- Visibility: Some helmets come with reflective elements or bright colors to increase visibility on the road, which can be especially important for riding in low-light conditions.
- Weight: A lightweight helmet can make a big difference in comfort during long rides, so look for a helmet that is lightweight and not too bulky.
- Additional features: Some helmets come with features such as removable visors, integrated lights, and removable padding for easy cleaning. Consider which features are important to you and your riding needs.
- Brand reputation: Not all brands are created equal and some have a better reputation than others for safety, quality and durability. Researching and reading reviews from other riders can help you make a more informed decision when it comes to buying a cycling helmet.