The Polygon Strattos S4 was my first serious road bike and an upgrade from my previous bike which was a hybrid. I bought it in July 2021 from Roadlink in Singapore and eventually sold it in February 2023, to make way for my next upgrade.
With an aluminium frame, a carbon fork, and a Shimano Tiagra group set, this was a huge upgrade, dropping the weight of my ride from 13kg to 9.6kg. The Tiagra mechanical groupset lies closer to the entry level of Shimano’s groupsets, and offers responsive shifting far smoother than the Altus. Along with a front derailleur, it made going up slopes a lot easier. This was a great entry level road bike, particularly since I was predominantly riding on the flat roads of Singapore.
The comfortable geometry of the Polygon S4 as an all-rounder bike offered a less aggressive upright position reducing strain on one’s back and shoulders, and paired up with the Entity saddle, offered adequate comfort even on longer rides. It was on this bike that I did my first 75km and my first 100km rides.
This is a reliable and fun ride that I would highly recommend to other cyclists as their first road bike.
- Frame: ALX ALL-ROUND; BB Standard: BSA, 68mm, Threaded; Color: Blue
- Fork: ACX ALL-ROUND
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BSA threaded for 2-piece crankset
- Headset: Zero Stack (ZS) Sealed Bearing for Taper Head Tube
- Stem: Entity Sport Alloy
- Handlebar: Entity Sport Alloy
- Saddle: Entity
- Seatpost: Entity
- Pedals: Alloy Flat
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra RD-4700-SS Direct Attach
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra FD-4700-F
- Crank: Shimano Tiagra FC-4700 50/34T
- Shifters: Shimano Tiagra ST-4700, 2×10-Speed Dual Control Lever
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG500 12-28T Sprocket
- Chain: KMC X-10
- Brakes: Shimano Tiagra BR-4700
- Brake Levers: Integrated with shifter
- Rims: Entity XL3 Tubeless Ready
- Front Hub: Alloy QRx100mm 32H
- Rear Hub: Alloy QRx135mm 32H
- Tires: Performance Tire 700x28C